My Blog List

Friday, October 25, 2013

Blogger essay

Alexa Cianciotto
G Block
College Research Skills
October 25, 2013

                            
What was the first research assignment you remember ever having? Were you in elementary school, middle school, or high school? Exactly what grade were you in? What do you remember learning about the research process? What did you choose to write about or was a topic assigned to you? Did the teacher who gave you the assignment teach you about the research process? Or was it the school librarian? Or both? What sources do you remember using? Encyclopedias? Books? Articles? The Internet? Other sources? As you did with the last writing prompt, describe the research process you went through. Did you enjoy it? Hate it? Find it fun? Find it boring? Find it tedious? 


                  The first research assignment that I ever had was when I had to do my summer homework and I had to research the college that I want to apply to next year which is the College of Staten Island. When I was in the 9th grade I also had to research in my Global history class a topic about The Fall of the Roman Empire and my teacher told me that I did very good and got an E+(100%) on it. This topic was mainly about the Roman people losing the power I think from the German people and that their land was falling apart and everything they had was gone. My teacher who gave me the assignment taught me very well about the topic that I researched and processed and I also researched it in the school library too.

                     The source that I remember using was Wikipedia and Google. When I was research my topic in Global history class, it was kind of hard to find some articles about The Fall of the Roman people but as I read some articles about this topic, it was very interesting and it would help me to organize and write my project. I also enjoyed writing my topic in my project and my teacher also made us use Glogster and it made my project look wonderful and interesting it looked like I made my own website on my topic that I have researched for my Global History class.

                     I know it was a lot of work for me but I got a good grade and passed the class too.


No comments:

Post a Comment